Saturday, May 12, 2007

Knowing (or not knowing) What I am Doing

I was just looking for an article that I wanted to post and I could not find one that I totally believed or that was relevant to where I am in my weight loss journey. I have read so many fitness and weight loss magazines that I have two entire shelves of my bookcase filled with them. That is after I gave about fifty away. I know exactly what I need to do to lose weight but I just keep putting it off. I have so many excuses. I am getting very disappointed in myself. I am just beginning to learn that if I pray about it God will help me. It just seems so selfish and petty. But I am reading and listening to different preachers who teach that that is exactly what God wants us to do. He wants us to ask him for everything.He wants to hear us talk to him about everything. We are his children and he loves us. If we ask and are living in accordance to His will he will bless our lives beyond our wildest imaginings. It may not be in our time or in our way but he always answers prayers.
I think I need to go pray now.

No comments: